14 February 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day.  Today is actually special to me for two reasons:

1.  It's my Mom's 60th birthday!  I can't believe she is 60 and those who know her can't either.  Happy Birthday, Mom!

and 2.  It is actually the anniversary of the first official date Adam and I had together.  I asked him out the week before, so we celebrate our dating anniversary on 2/8 to avoid the cliche of a first date on what has become the biggest hallmark holiday ever.  Our first date consisted of a very romantic dinner at TGIFridays (ha-ha) and an even more romantic movie where we endured "Valentine."

 

Quite the memorable first date!  

Since it is Valentine's Day, I decided to celebrate by taking myself on a date.  Adam is on call so I spent the afternoon at the movie "New Moon"...alone!  I sent Adam a message when I arrived at the theater to tell him I was celebrating V-day with a solo movie.  He responded, "that's what you get for marrying a doctor."  No sympathy!

A little side note:  Today is also a feast day for a Saint who is the patron of engaged couples, happy marriages, and love.  St. Valentine also happens to be the patron saint of bee keepers, warding off fainting, the plague, and epileptics.  I think he has his work cut out for him on all accounts! 

May your Valentine's day be both happy & memorable.

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment